By Rick Kirkham
You may have heard about CCaaS or Contact Centre as a Service. But what is it? Who uses it? And why choose one to manage your contact centre, as opposed to sticking to what you already have? We’ll attempt to answer those questions.
First of all, what is it?
Well, Contact Centre as a Service (CCaaS) simply refers to contact centre software that is hosted in the cloud and paid for on a monthly subscription basis. CCaaS is also often referred to as a cloud-based contact centre.
They operate in exactly the same way as any other contact centre, it just means that the software used to power them is hosted on the Internet and managed by the software provider.
Who uses a CCaaS solution?
CCaaS solutions are used by any type of business providing a customer contact point into their business – as with any contact centre. For example, customer service and telemarketing centres, employee centres, help desks, and other businesses providing structured communications points with customers and employees.
Why should you think about switching to the cloud?
Globally, we’re starting to see rapid growth in the contact centre market with some figures suggesting that the global contact centre market is set to reach more than $72bn by 2027, with much of this growth resulting from the expected adoption of cloud-based services (According to Grand View Research).
There are many benefits of adopting a cloud-based contact centre – including financial benefits, operational efficiencies and flexible working improvements. Here are a few…
- Contact Centre as a Service offers greater flexibility by allowing scale up and scale down as operational demand changes. It also helps customer service agents to work from home more easily (especially important tight now);
- A contact centre doesn’t need to worry about maintaining the software itself, as it’s updated and supported by the software provider;
- This also makes it far easier to take advantage of new technologies as they come on stream for contact centres (such as WhatsApp and natural language understanding);
- Business continuity is pretty much guaranteed – you just need phone and Internet access – which makes it far easier for a business to supporting Disaster Recovery programmes;
- It cuts costs as it reduces the need for expensive on-site (or on-premise) hardware and large database servers, typically used to store customer contact data;
- Finally, it reduces IT headcount, saving money, but also allowing the IT function to focus on other, more strategic, operational areas.
How can CCaaS help you stay at the forefront of technology and customer experience innovation?
Whilst it’s clear about some of the more obvious, business-focused, benefits, what does a cloud-based contact centre do for your customer experience strategy and ability to innovate?
According to Gartner there are 6 important capabilities that CCaaS delivers to support great customer service:
- Automatic call distribution (ACD) and interactive voice response (IVR);
- Blended routing and queuing of voice and internet channels, such as email, web chat, SMS, social media and video;
- A conversational assistant capability to support self-service and assisted-service interactions and transactions;
- Proactive contact, including outbound dialling and SMS, as well as push text and email notifications;
- Support for virtual operations, remote agents and subject matter experts that reside outside the traditional contact centre operation;
- Application and communication connectivity, providing voice and data access (telco “points of presence”) as well as application hosting on public and/or private data centres to support client access, including in markets where the provider supports connectivity but does not actively market and sell its services.
Want to find out more?
We hope this was a useful introduction. Whilst there are similarities with traditional contact centre solutions, CCaaS offers more flexibility and the potential to reduce a lot of cost.
Customer Touch Point provides purely cloud-based customer contact solutions. If you’d like to find out more don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today.
#CustomerExperience #CCaaS #CloudContactCentres #DigitalCX